Friday, March 28, 2014

Protective Style Update and.....HAIRFINITY!!

Hey yall! So yeah, I know no one reads this because A) I have no subscribers, and B) No one comments. But that's okay, I don't blog for recognition, I do it because I love it and because someone may find information they are looking for concerning their hair, skin, or makeup. No lets get back to the topic at hand.....MY BRAIDS!

I am currently 4 weeks in with my box braids and let me say that they are the BEST thing in my life right now! With me being at the end of graduate program and getting ready for graduation, I just don't have time for my hair! The fact that I am usually running late because I'm so tired and can run out the door without touching my hair is great! All I have been doing to my hair is oiling my scalp with my oil blend (coconut, castor, grapeseed, flax, olive, and vitamin E oils) several times a week, and occasionally styling them.  This weekend, i am going to shampoo my scalp, do an acv rinse, and oil my scalp.

I cant tell you how i am sooooo looking forward to washing my hair and not having to detangle and style! The most product I will use is either some gel or setting foam in an effort to refresh my braids, I'll let you know how that goes.

Now that I have discussed all the positives,  I must tell you what I NOT feeling about these braids.....the pulling on my edges from my temples down to my ears. Its only maybe 2 braids on this 1 side that is bothering me! It is sore...even 4 weeks in. I haven't figured out yet why this one particular spot is irritated, but when I figure it out I will be sure to let you know!

In other news......I have ordered and received a 30 day supply of the HAIRFINITY vitamins. I have been hearing all the hype and women raving about this product, so I figured I would give it a try. I want to see if its worth all the hype that I have been seeing in the media, on the blogs, and in the natural hair communities. Plus, I feel as though my hair has been at a standstill and I want to see if the vitamin will improve the health of my hair.

I experienced some post partum shedding that caused my edges to thin, as well as some spots in the crown of my head to thin as well. I will be looking to see if this vitamin will help fill in the thinner parts of my hair, improve the strength of it, as see significant growth. Right now, I feel like it is just an amped up multivitamin. I have reason to believe i can get the same results from a regular old, $12, 90 day supply, multivitamin like Centrum, One a Day, or GNC.

I took the first dose of the HAIRFINITY vitamin today. I will check back in, in 30 days to update you the effects this vitamin has had on my hair. Until then...,.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment