Tuesday, March 11, 2014

REVIEW: Qhemet Biologics

Okay. This is a brand of hair care products that I have been using for YEARS!!! Literally, since I went natural almost 6 years ago. Qhemet Biologics is a natural hair care product line that  promotes ayurvedic  herbs and healing for your hair! I LOVE this stuff. It has made the difference in my hair so I swear by this stuff.

There are many reviews on this line of products and bloggers use different combinations of products. However, for this blogger, the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and the Aethiopika Hydrate and Twist butter have been Holy Grails for me for quite some time!

When I did the big chop and couldn't get the dryness under control, I tried many products....from curl activator to shea butter. The activator worked but made my hair too mushy and soft. Shea butter alone dries my hair and does not do all the wonderful things it does for others. I am a member of Nappturality.com and through this site, I discovered Qhemet Biologics. Not only was this product line raved about on this line, but QHem was actually a member of the site and would post, comment, and answer questions. I was hooked. So I ordered the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and I have not looked back.

This stuff right here is what nappy dreams are made of! This is the BEST moisturizer I have ever come across...hands down! I compare EVERYTHING to this! It is a very creamy, thick, emollient, moisturizer and a little goes a long way. It runs for about $16.50, but it is so worth the price. A little goes a long way and this jar lasts me about a year. I can use it as a leave in when my hair is really parched or I just moisturize before I use my styler and the moisture lasts for weeks! My hair is always soft, shiny, defined, and healthy when I use this product. It will be my HG until Qhem decides she will no longer make this.
 
Ingredients: Castor Oil, Olive oil, distilled water, Botanical infusion of Amla extract Brahmi extract, organic Aloe fero extract egetable glycerin, MSM Sorbitan & Cetereayl Monoesters (vegetable emulsifier) Citrus Limon & Citrus Aurantium (essential oil scent) Phenoyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food grade paraben free and formaldeyde free preservative).

 
Okay, this twist butter is the bomb.com! This butter gives your hair the softest, most defined twist out you will ever have. If you are looking for a twist out with a lot of definition and no crunchy hold...this is for you! It does just what the product title says. It hydrates your hair..period. The definition is insane. If you are consistent with twist outs and braid outs..this is the product for you. This product is great in the winter when the air is cool and dry. It provides the moisture your hair craves in the winter while providing a soft, defined, style without the worry of the harsh elements ruining your moisture routine! I have used this product since it's introduction and it will continue to be a staple of mine!
 
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Mango Butter and Rice Oil Blend Behenyl Esters Cetyl Alcohol, Soy Oil Blend, Plant Wax, Phthalate Free Fragrance.
 
 
My next product to try from this line is the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. I hear it melts tangling away and doubles as a great leave-in. Right now, her main sight is closed, but you can still buy at Sage Naturalceuticals ....at least that's where I get mine in Atlanta. I hear she will be re-opening soon! I hope this review was helpful and I will see you soon!



Peace

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! glad you enjoyed the post! Please feel free to refer your friends/family to the blog! Any ideas for future posts is also greatly appreciated!

      Delete