Monday, March 24, 2014

Beauty on a Budget: Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol Review

This post marks the beginning of my series: Beauty on a Budget! With the evolution of the natural hair movement and the product lines springing up like a May garden, caring for your natural hair can get quite expensive. My goal is to find some basic products that will maintain the health of your hair without breaking your wallet! Products used and reviewed will cost no more than $10, and will be easily found at local stores and beauty supplies! I will be label reading and looking for the best ingredient lists, however, I will not shy from petrolatum and mineral oil, although they will be avoided if possible. I hope this series is useful and helpful to my people keeping it frugal but beautiful!

So as you know, I have been on the hunt for a staple deep conditioner. I don't know if I found it, but I do know that what I have been using lately has been working great!

A few posts back, I introduced you to Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol deep conditioner! Well, I have been using this product since around January of this year and I have no complaints! This conditioner is thick, creamy, smells like cherry-almond, and has good slip for detangling! My hair has been enjoying this product, so I wanted to share with you how I use it, and the results my hair has shown.

How I Use it!
1. I apply this product to my hair BEFORE I shampoo. I first mix the conditioner (gage it by how much your hair needs) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. I microwave for about 12 seconds. WARNING: If product becomes to warm, it will turn into a milky liquid, then you have to wait for this to cool.
2. Next, I divide my hair into 4 sections, dampen each section with water, then apply it generously to each section. As I am applying the product to each section, I am also beginning the process of finger detangling and removing shed hair. This products works very well for this.
3. Once product is applied to each section, I clip each section out of the way. I then cover with a plastic cap and let the product sit in my hair for about 30-45 min.

The Rinse Out
I rinse my hair section by section before shampooing. When this product is rinsing out of my hair, I almost have a hairgasm every time! The product rinses clean and I can immediately feel how soft my hair is and see the shine. The curls are completely defined and it makes the rest of my wash routine a breeze!

The Verdict
I love this product and will continue to use it for several reasons: 1. The health and look of my hair has improved. 2. Moisture is no longer an issue. 3. This product costs about $3.25 for 20 oz. It doesn't get much better than that! I have found this product at my local family dollar and at CVS. I am willing to bet it can also be found at your local beauty supply. The price is phenomenal and it works well. For all you curly girls, tjos product does not make the list! However, my beauty bargain queens who love a good product, this is for you!

Soul Stars Earned: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Let me know if you use this product, have used it, or will use it! How did your hair like it, will you purchase again? Hot me in the comments and let me know!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment