Monday, March 3, 2014

Protective Styling (Box Braids!)

This winter, I have been attempting to take better care of my hair. I noticed that my hair was kinda dry and breaking in the middle (or maybe I was pulling it out) and that it just wasn't in good shape. So I decided to make some changes.

Some key changes that i made was switching to the L.O.C. method as well as eliminating tools from my detangling process. I now finger detangle and then use my Denman brush for a last work through. I also have begun adding protein treatments to my regimen which has only added to the health of my hair.

In my previous blogs I talked about protective styling also as a way to maintain hair growth. I have stuck to that regimen and have been wearing my hair in twists and flat twists for a few months now. This has allowed my hair to rest from being manipulated so much and aids in keeping my ends protected. Well, i decided to take my protective styling one step further!

BRAIDS! Yass! I have decided to keep my hair in braid extensions for the next 4 months. On Saturday, March 1st, i had box braids installed in my hair. I plan to keep them on for 8 weeks. After 8 weeks I will take down and nourish my hair for about 2 weeks and then have some other braid style installed. I will keep that braid style in for another 8 weeks.

Can I say, I am in LOVE with these braids! They are still pretty tight, but I can't wait for them to loosen up so that I can play in them! I think this will be a verybwelcomed break from styling my own hair!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment