Saturday, May 4, 2013

Twist out with Oyin Handmade Products: A Review

Alright, so wash day has been completed! What I discovered is that I need to do more research before I do my henna! AND......Mini twists make it hard to detangle my hair! OMG....this wash day was quite a task! So this is what I did and how I started!!!!!




Pre-poo and detangle: Products-water, Tresemme naturals conditioner, Africas Best ultimate herbal oil

So I parted my hair into 4 sections and clipped them. Then, one section at a time, I added about a quarter size amount of the oil and worked it through the section. Next, I sprayed with with water to get it very wet. Once the section is wet, I added a very generous amount of conditioner and worked it through. I detangled using a wide tooth comb, then an afro come, and went back through it with my knock off Denman brush to make sure it was knot free. Last, I divided the section into 4 twists. I repeated this process for the other 3 sections. The hair is then covered with a plastic cap and I let it sit for about an hour.

Wash: Products-Tresemme Naturals shampoo
To wash the hair, I wash in sections. So section by section, I undid the twists, rinsed the pre-poo out, then shampoo'd. After rinsing, I would but 1 or 2 jumbo twists in then move on to the next section until my entire head had been shampoo'd and rinsed.

Deep Condition: Products: Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
For this part, I just undid my hair section by section, added a generous amount of conditioner, and put the 4 twists per section back in. I re-covered the hair with a plastic cap and let it sit for an hour or more. After I was sure my hair had soaked up all of that goodness, I rinsed with the twists still in Can I just say that I have been using the Tresemme for about 6 months and really like it! It is cheap and does a good job. However, once my shampoo and conditioner are gone, I will switch to V05 conditioners for my pre-poo. I will be returning back to grad school this fall and will be on a tight budget. The V05 are cheap and they do an excellent job as well.

Style: Products-Oyin Juices & Berries (J&B), Oyin Hair Dew (HD), Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (BSP)
To style my hair, I undid the twists in a section and combed through it again. Can I just say that my hair was so soft and moisturized after the previous process! I love my Honey Hemp, but I have to give it up this year due to my budget cuts...but I will always revisit this conditioner!!!!!!! Anywhoo, back to styling! So after the section was undone and combed through, I sprayed with the J&B, then added about a nickel sized amount of hair dew, and about a dime size amount of BSP to the section. To twist, I put about 6-8 twists in. I repeated this process for each section.

THE END RESULTS.....




So it's evident that I need an actual camera....don't judge the cell phone pic! But this is a somewhat decent view of the definition I got for my twist out using the above products!!!! I love it! Next week, I think I will be using.....ah, well, I haven't decided yet!!!!!! Peace

5/6/13
So I wanted to update you all on what my hair looked like the next day. All I did was re-twist with large twist the night before, undid them in the morning and fluffed. No product used....Oh, wait I lied! I did spritz my hair with Crème of Nature Argan Oil Gloss and Shine mist.


Not bad aye! Not sure I will do a twist out in this capacity again with my Oyin. I like it better for my smaller twists that I wear for 2-3 weeks. The BSP is great for setting your edges for a puff or ponytail but when twisting for a twist out, I think it is a bit to heavy. For my hair anyway! I will still always purchase this because it's great for my regular twists!!!!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment