Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Started from the bottom......

So my last blog was a bust! I just didn't keep up with it and lost interest. One thing I have not lost interest in is my love of products! Health and beauty is my vice! I have tried, disliked, liked, and loved so many things, IDK where to begin! But first I want to start with my hair since it is my obsession! Nail polish is too, but I will incorporate it somehow!


As it stands right now, I am on a mission to find a good shampoo, and a good moisturizer! But surely I can't stop there.....I need some awesome stylers too! I know I'm late on the whole..."natural hair" movement, but the truth is, I've been natural for going on 5 yrs now! I thought it would be a good idea to blog because people ask me all the time: what do you put in your hair? How did you get it to look like that? So what do you use to twist your hair? How do you get it to stay?? blah blah blah! So now, if you wanna hear about it....here it goes!


These are things I have tried and absolutely hated!!!!!

Carol's Daughter-too high priced for corn oil! IJS! Didn't do anything for my hair besides make it greasy.

Darcy's Botanicals-I really think my hair is just too thick for these products. However, that was at least 2 yrs ago I tried them and may revisit now that I am more experienced with my hair.

Shea Moisture-Okay, I didn't totally hat it, it just wasn't for me. It worked really well at first, but I don't think it was right for my texture. After a while, it just didn't get the job done, so I gave it away


Why so few products? I found Oyin handmade and Qhemet Biologics and decided that these worked the best in my hair and I was good! So I didn't try much anything else. But now.....dun dun dun!

I have this crazy amount of hair that I want to experiment with as I have NEVER had this much hair before. So I am learning what to do with longer natural hair. PRODUCT LINES is what I want to experiment with! I'm now off my all natural products bandwagon, and am willing to try more things if they will work! So what am I using right now you ask?

OYIN HANDMADE!!!!! Which I love and will never get rid of, but I need more options. Especially since I will be doing more stuff to it!


What I use now and works:

Ecostyler Olive Oil Gel
Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
Oyin Hair Dew
Tresemme Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
Coconut oil
Hairveda's Cocasta oil

What I want to try and have started buyin:
CON Argan Oil
Dark & Lovely Au Natural
ORS Curls Unleashed
Cantu naturals
Entwine Couture
As I Am
Original Moxie


I think that's it for now! Stay tuned! I want to use up what I have, so I will be doing my hair this weekend with my Oyin, which I will post (using some other treats too), and then it's off to product junkie ville!!!

Pray for me!!! lol!


Peace
Monaps

No comments:

Post a Comment