Monday, December 23, 2013

Winterizing My Hair

Hey Ladies. Its that time of year again. The air is dry and cold and the elements are harsh. It's the winter time and she can be super hard on the hair. So in the winter time, I tend to use heavier products on my hair for sealing and moisture retention. I want to show and share with you styling products that have been working fabulous for my hair.

Because I keep my hair in twists, the products I am about to show you are excellent for holding and defining twists. They also do not require you to keep re-moisturizing your hair. These products are extra emollient and rich. I love them. I come back to them every winter. So let me introduce you!

 Oyin Handmades' Burnt Sugar Pomade is the business. As you can see, it also comes in sugar berries, but I prefer the burnt sugar. This product is a pomade, very similar to a hair grease. It smells like rich caramel and leaves hair with great shine and seals in moisture. I use this when twisting my hair and my hair is soft and defined. LOVE THIS STUFF
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy cream. Staple of mine for years, along with the Oyin. This product is so rich and emollient, a little goes a long way. This can be a great leave in, styler, or just moisturizer. Your hair will definitely benefit from the ingredients.

 Hemp Seed Butter is a new found love of mine. This butter has mild, earthly scent but is packed with nutrients. It is very soft and can liquefy if temps are warm. This butter soaks into the hair and works much like shea butter, but is a bit lighter. Love this.
Last but definitely not least is the Aethiopika Hydrate and Twist Butter. This product gives the softest most defined twist outs and braid outs you could ever imagine. The consistency is extra thick and a bit creamy once rubbed between your fingers. This product can definitely be used alone to twist or braid the hair and I promise, you will love the results. This is probably my 2nd year using this in the winter months I am confident I will continue to do so.

Well that's it loves! These are the products that get my through the winter and provide my hair with moisture, nourishment, and awesome definition! Your hair will survive with winter with these gems in your regimen!


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment