Monday, December 23, 2013

Hair and Grad School: Regimen and product update

Hello my loves! If you have been following me, you know that I am in my last year of graduate school and life has been hectic. I have been behind on blogging and well....a lot of things, but I am here and I am coming at cha' with some updates! I missed you guys, so I'm back to let you know I still love ya!

So yeah, this semester has been one of the hardest I have ever endured. The stress was high, my personal life is a mess (all a result of being in school), I'm interning 3 days a week, my conceptual paper needed to be approved and printed, and I have a 1 year old at home. You can call me crazy, cause that's exactly how I feel! Despite it all, ya girl earned that 4.0! Paper was approved and printed, and I can breeze through this last semester of school!! And my hair.......

Let's just say, this do has been on the back burner. I have kept up with my regimen and protective styling, but all that trying to be cute and flat twisting and being more creative stuff flew right out the window when things got real this semester!!! My hair stays pretty much in either twists that are tucked and pinned away, or in a bun. Period.  Ain't nothing fancy bout' that! But I have been deep conditioning and moisturizing, and all that good stuff, but I changed some things. Here are the updates:


I'm still shampooing and deep conditioning with these:

 
But the shampoo is definitely a staple. I found that Sally's Beauty Supply sells a salon size bottle of it and I will be adding it to the product shelf once my 12 oz bottle is gone.  I have also found that I like the conditioner and will keep it in the regimen, but it works so much better when I add olive oil and honey, heat it up, and apply it. My hair soaks this up! I am still on the hunt for a staple deep conditioning and once this is gone, I will try:
 
 
I got this on sale at CVS for like less than $3, so I grabbed it. I will replace the Cream of Nature conditioner with this once that bottle is gone to see how I like it. I will use it till it's gone and decide from there if I will keep it, or go back to the Cream of Nature as a staple. If I don't like it, I will keep looking and continue to rotate the Cream of Nature conditioner.
 
I have also fell in love with this!:
 



Holy Grail For Sure!! This stuff is the bomb in my hair. At least this winter it is and it will stay part of the regimen. My hair is super moisturized and looks healthy. The down fall of this product and please pay attention: DO NOT USE GEL WITH THIS PRODUCT! It will leave residue and clumps of white stuff in your hair. It's good for keeping and maintaining twists and twists outs.

My other Holy Grail is this:
 

 
 
This is the BEST conditioner for detangling And YES, I do own this big, dumb, pump bottle of this conditioner. I bought this in the spring and it is just now getting down to the bottom. This bottle was around $7, you can't beat that. The amount of product you get for the price is also a huge reason why I love this so much.  I do cheat on it sometimes with Tresseme and I am going to have an affair with Aussie Moist because I have heard good things about it. I like cheap conditioners I can buy in large quantities that work great because I go through a lot of it. From detangling to co-washing. I use a ton more conditioner than shampoo, so price, size, and quality is important!
 
 
Consider yourselves updated. I will be back before winter break

No comments:

Post a Comment