Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pamper Yourself a Little!

Hello lovelies! I thought I'd come to you with something a little different today...like taking time to take care of yourself. I have found that it is very important to take time for yourself and pamper yourself just a little.

I want to share with you that I am a mother of 2: a 3 yr old and a 12 year old. On my journey as a mother, I sometimes feel like I lost who I am as an independent person as I have been so focused on being a mom and supporting my family. I used to really invest in my clothing, shoes, hair, nails, etc. I mean, I was that girl who bought a new outfit for every event I would attend! As you can imagine, all of that came to a hault and I truly lost focus of taking care of me! 

I came to this grueling realization several months ago and made a resolution for myself this year: Take some time and money to invest in me and not feel guilty about taking care of and pampering me! It's only March, but I have taken some tiny steps! 

First, I have invested in letting professionals periodically do my hair! I used to get it done every 2 weeks once upon a time! I got it braided about 1.5 months ago and the plan is to get it professionally washed, conditioned, trimmed and styled next. I have also started getting my nails done again!  I can't tell you how great that me time feels! I'm still working on the guilt side of things, but hey, baby steps! My next goal is to start hanging out with my friends!

All in all, I just want everyone to know how important it is to take care of you! I know the struggle and I totally regret not doing this sooner! Pamper yourself a little ladies! You are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment