Saturday, June 8, 2013

How do you Pre-poo??

Do you pre-poo your hair? What's the purpose?

Yes! I do pre-poo and i do so to add moisture to my hair before i wash. I also do it to aid in detangling.

So what is this pre-poo you ask? In my opinion, it is a moisturization treatment to add moisture to your hair before you shampoo. It also provides an awesome detangling session that makes washing the hair so much easier.

What's my pre-poo routine, well its fairly simple. Here is what I use:


-Africas Best Ultimate Herbal Oil or EVCO
-Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner (at least that is what I am using now. I also like V05 conditioners as well as Tresseme Naturals conditioner)
-a water spray bottle, afro comb, wide tooth comb, and Denman brush

And the process begins. First i divide the hair in 4 sections and clip out of the way. I start in the back on one side and add a generous amount from ends to root. Then I spritz that section eith water to get it  damp. Next I add a generouse amount of conditioner and begin detanling. The slip of the oil and conditioner make detangling a breeze. Last, I twist the detangled section into about 4 twists and move on to the next section. I repeat this process until all sections are detangled and twisted.

After that whole process os complete, I cover my hair with a plastic cap and keep it moving. I usually keep this in for a couple of hours while I'm cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, or whatever.

When I'm ready, the cap comes off, the hair is rinsed, and  begin the wash routine. Easy peasy. My hair is always super soft and remains that way after i shampoo.

Thats it yall. No magic, tricks, or special products. Just simple, cheap products you can pick up anywhere that will give your hair what it needs!

Questions?? Hit me in the comments......

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment